Suggest treatment for painful hard bump on buttocks

Dr. Vaddadi Suresh

Posted on Fri, 8 Aug 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Question: My husband has a hard bump on the inner side of his buttocks. It is extremely painful.
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
some more information needed.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mrs XXXXXXX
Could you please tell when it started, the approx size, any redness in the area, any pus pointing, any lymph node in the groin.
waiting for answers.

Follow up: Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 29 minutes later
He says it showed up three days ago but got painful today. I'd say it's about as wide as a large grape. It is slightly red which is the only reason I was able to see it. There is a head to it with what looked like a tiny dot of yellow or white pus. When I touched it, it seemed very hard.
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
seems like a sebaceous cyst or an evolving abcess

Detailed Answer:
From your description, it seems like a sebaceous cyst or an evolving abcess. Please check the sugar levels as these kind of lesions are common in diabetics. You may start applying topical mupirocin ointment. Keep the site clean, avoid touch with bare hands and he should be fine in a few days.
Hope I am clear.