Owl Image

Suggest treatment for painful foot after injury

Owl Image
Dr. Polash Sannigrahi

Question
A month ago i stepped off a foot high deck onto a stump. All my weight went on my bare heel. Since then i have pain. What is treatment? Should i see a podiatris
Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 12 minutes later
Hello dear,
The symptoms can be attributed to musculo-skeletal injury or nerve entrapment.
Symptomatic relief can be obtained by heat therapy, application of analgesic & muscle relaxant gel, intake of analgesics like Diclofenac + Serratiopeptidase along with Pantoprazole preparations and nervigenic agents like Vit B12, Vit B6.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for painful foot after injury 6 minutes later
Thank you -is icing it good for it?

Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Icing will help in pain relief

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,

Thanks for your follow up query.

You can do icing as well.
Application of ice will help in pain relief and relaxation of soft tissue.

However, if pain still persists, kindly consult an Orthopedician & get a proper clinical examination done.

Wishing you a good health.