Suggest treatment for painful blisters on palm

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi,
Since last 2 days, I have developed Blisters on my palm. It has become extremely painful now.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need some more details

Detailed Answer:

Are the lesions filled with pus or clear fluid?
Are the lesions present in both palms?
How many are there in each palm ?
Do you have fever ?

Please upload a image of the same.

Waiting for your response,
Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T 37 minutes later

It is present only in one hand and is filled with pus. I don't have fever.

I have attached the image. Please have a look at it.

Thanks
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Bacterial infection

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the image.

I have gone through the image it appears to be a boil due to bacterial infection most probably due to a strain of staphylococcus.

You may have to take a course of antibiotics preferably Azithromycin.

Also do take an antiinflammatory medication like Tab Motrin 400mg twice daily for three days.

Do consult your treating doctor for the antibiotic. Also you may have to get it incised and the pus evacuated to help it heal faster.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.