• question-icon

Suggest treatment for painful bleeding from the ear

Posted on Mon, 7 Aug 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: i had some kind of an affected ear a couple of days ago, so I finally found some H2O2 and i took a qtip and carefully cleaned our my ear, it had been bleeding and hurting before that. i did not use much, just what was on the qtip at a time but it was enough to boil away in my ear, for the most part, my ear feels much better now. however though now i have the remaining liquid in my ear, it trys to drain some at night when i sleep but during the day it acts plug, what should i do to get it cleared up?
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ear wax

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare Magic and thanks for putting up the query.
You are probably having wax in the ears that has been softened due to the H2O2 use.
My advise is you should put waxrid ear drops 2 to 3 drops 3 times a day for few days and get your ears cleaned by an ENT specialist.
Any further questions are always welcome.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 38 minutes later
is earwid over the counter, i don't want to have to go us a doctor, it is a direct result of the H2O2 and as i said it trys to drizzle out at night, it feel like it needs drying out, does earwid does that?
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Ear wax

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Please tell me what colour discharge is coming?
It is a possibility that you might have injured the ear drum while cleaning and discharge is coming due to infection of the drum.
It would be best to get the ear examined by an ENT SPECIALIST.
Plug the ears with cotton while you take a bath. Put ciprofloxacin ear drops for few days 3 times a day.
All the medicines I have prescribed will be available at prescription only.
Thanks and regards
Follow up: Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 8 hours later
anything now coming out of the ear is clear or colorless, but quite frankly there just is not enough coming out to even see a color, it just coats the ear, if it would all come out then i would not have any problems, but i did not injure the ear as i did not go back far enough and it did not hurt my ear doing it. i would know if i hurt my ear, it would hurt like heck. and i did not injure my ear.
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Ear discharge

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for the information.
Clear fluid coming out from the ears is mucus. It comes due to drum infection and perforation and is painless. You should get the ear examined by an ENT SPECIALIST. Start putting ciprofloxacin ear drops. It will help to dry up the ear. Avoid excessive XXXXXXX phone usage or ear phones usage in the affected ear.
Thanks and regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 1 hour later
The fluid was not comimg from the ear itself, it was in the ear as a result of the h2o2. it was not a prob b4 that and is now starting to clear up some.
Brief Answer:
Ear discharge

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for the information.
Without examination it is impossible to say that whether the discharge is due to infection or just the H2o2 but it is to be noticed that h2o2 dries up fast and won't give rise to any discharge unless infection is there. So I advise you to get yourself examined by an ENT SPECIALIST to rule out any perforation. The management will depend on the diagnosis only.
It is advisable to start using antibiotic ear drops till the time you visit a doctor.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 2 hours later
are they over the counter?
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ear discharge

Detailed Answer:
Hi
You need a prescription for the antibiotics ear drops.
Thanks and regards
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist