Suggest treatment for painful and hard bowel movements

Dr. Priyanka G Raj

Infectious Diseases Specialist

Posted on Thu, 1 Sep 2016 in General Health
Question: i am having very hard stools difficulty and painful when i go to pot.What should i take to soften it.
Answered by Dr. Priyanka G Raj 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Increase intake of fluids & fibers with less high fat food

Detailed Answer:
Hi
thanks for the query
I Would have asked you increase the intake of fluids, slightly increase the activity or mild exercise.

Increase intake of fibres like whole grains, vegetables, nuts, and fresh or dried fruits.

Cut down on high-fat foods such as meat and cheese and refined sugars.

Limit caffeinated drinks (such as colas, coffee, alcoholic drinks and tea) add they are responsible for causing dehydration.

avoid milk and milk products until you are better

Tab sporolac three times a day will help replenish your gut with good bacteria.

Or You can take Laxatives like Lactulose will be helpful. 2spoons before food every night.

You can also take Dietary powder , 1 spoon in 1 glass of water 2 hour before sleeping

Follow these measures your constipation issue will reduce.

If you have any doubts you are welcome , otherwise kindly close the thread and rate it

Dr Priyanka G Raj

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj
Follow up: Dr. Priyanka G Raj 57 minutes later
I don't think u got my problem right I don't have constipation I get my stools normal every morning but they are hard and I have to force it out in the pot which hurts.
Answered by Dr. Priyanka G Raj 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
whats is the consistency of your stool

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks again

I want to know what is the consistency of your stool. is it soft or hard?

If consistency is hard and difficulty is passing stool , it is considered as constipation.

if you want to soften your stool consistency you can also take Dietary powder , 1 spoon in 1 glass of water 2 hour before sleeping and Duphalac syrup every night to soften stool.

If consistency is soft but if you are getting pain while passing it then we have to rule out anal fissure or piles.Because these are one of the cause for pain during defecation.Fot that you have to meet local General surgeon , he can examine with proctoscope and can do further evaluation

Dr Priyanka G Raj