Suggest treatment for painful and enlarged scrotum
Possibility of Epididymorchitis needs to be considered
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day
Painful enlarged scrotum on one side following catheterization, possibility of Epididymorchitis( inflammation of testis and cord supplying it ) needs to be considered and ruled out. Exact diagnosis will depend on clinical examination. Consulting your primary care physician will be helpful.
In the meantime I would suggest you the following
1. Good scrotal support : Wearing right size underwear which is neither too tight nor too loose will be helpful. Providing scrotal support will help relieve pain
2. Analgesic like Ibuprofen will be helpful.
3. Urine examination
4. Doppler scan in consultation with your Physician
Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.
Wishing you and your family a very happy and healthy life.
Dr Deepak Kaltari
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Itching and redness near scrotum suggest the treatment
- Treatment of pimple on scrotum
- Treatment for loose scrotum
- Dermatitis on scrotum treatment
- Suggest treatment for itchy blisters on hands and scrotum
- What is the treatment for pain in scrotum
- Treatment of vitiligo scrotum
- Suggest treatment for burning and itching scrotum
- Treatment for saggy scrotum
- Treatment for a cut to the scrotum