Suggest treatment for pain while coughing an sneezing post sub total colectomy
So now, if I sneeze,cough stretch, bend, I can feel painful tugging in several places..and it often sets up an extremely painful cramping that feels like my guts are being twisted. I've lost 25 lbs in the past six weeks...eating is a miserable activity..the cramping is very painful. My gastro says that I have IBS and adhesions and that surgeons don't like to perform more surgery when likely more adhesions will form. Thoughts on what to do? I actually feel as if I am slowly loosing life from the inside out.
Symptoms unlikelt to be due to adhesions
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day
Every Surgery done creates further adhesions. Adhesions usually become symptomatic due to kinking and angulation of intesttine causing obstructive symptoms. It usually presents with distension of abdomen, vomiting / nausea and constipation.
Your symptoms do not suggest the possibility of symptomatic adhesions. Dense adhesion in pelvis with entrapment of nerves may be one of contributing factor in causing your symptoms. The symptoms profile fit more in the bracket of IBS.
Further investigation like Barium meal and follow through along with Ultrasound?MRI abdomen need to be planned in consultation with your Physician.
Dr T Shobha Deepak
What you're describing sounds like a bowel obstruction...
The discomfort I'm experiencing with the cramping, twisting is similar to diverticulitis pain, only worse. It is a transient pain that builds up to a crescendo and at that point I cannot speak or even breathe...it resolves, rebuilds and eventually disappears. Is this really IBS?
Contrast study will be required
IBS is diagnosis of exclusion, if detailed investigation have failed to reveal any organic cause that can explain the symptoms experienced, it is labelled as IBS.
I would suggest you to get Tripple Contrast CT scan of abdomen in consultation with your physician for further evaluation. Contrast study of Gasro-intestinal tract will be required to rule out any kinking of intestine seconadry to adhesion.
Dr T Shobha Deepak
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Scapular pain while coughing
- Symptoms of pain while coughing
- Chest pain while coughing
- Drugs/medication for pain while coughing
- Tooth pain while coughing cold sneezing sinus congestion coloured phlegm
- Electrical pains while coughing
- Diagnosis of pain while coughing
- Pain while coughing causes
- Treatment and cure for pain while coughing
- Chest pain while coughing or sneezing
- Taking Limcee for TB. What could be the reason for blood in sputum?
- Noticed increase in blood pressure after eating. Colonoscopy and CT scan...
- Should I be concerned about a lump under my right clavicle?
- Can Loprin be taken at 5 weeks pregnancy?
- What is the reason for skin around nose and hair line turning black?
- Suffering from loose motion after taking azithral for sore throat...
- What is the reason for numbness in leg and body after walking on thread...
- What is the cure for chest contraction and back muscle that developed...
- What is the cure for persistent nausea?
- Can drinking coffee and smoking causes gloating, nausea and dizziness?