Owl Image

Suggest treatment for pain relief due to cyst in kidneys

Owl Image
Dr. Indu Kumar

Radiologist

Question
pain relief: Recent Cat Scan result: multiple cysts bilat kidneys, bladder, hepatic hypodense lesion, multiple diverticuli along sigmoid...retired RN...please no narcotics. Seeing Primary MD, Uro and Gastro. Have been subscribed various antispasmotics for systems relief. So far can only tolerate tiZanidine for spinal spasms. Also now prescribed Atenolol...What to take for relief...
Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can take NSAIDs.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX
Thanks for writing to HCM

Tizanidine is a muscle relaxant and it will only relax your muscles.
Additionally you need analgesics.Probably you are not comfortable with antispasmodic so you can take NSAIDs tablet.It will alleviate your pain.
However you need treatment of underlying cause.

Get well soon.
Hope I have answered your question.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Dr.Indu XXXXXXX