Suggest treatment for pain on thighs

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Sep 2014
Sep 2014

Question
Hello!

Two days ago, I got up from my desk at work and had sudden pain in my left thigh and trouble walking. It waxed and waned during the day. That night, I had a very hard time sleeping because of the pain. It was a consistent ache. The next day, I went to the Urgent Care in my town because I was concerned when the area felt hot. They took X-rays, gave me a pain shot, took blood, and prescribed prescription strength Naproxen. They said the X-ray looked fine, but they did not give a diagnosis. Today the pain is better on the pills, but the area is still warm. I'm concerned it could be a blood clot as I'm on birth control. Is there any way that urgent care could miss this or am I just overreacting because I'm nervous?
Posted Thu, 14 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Ganesh 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
No urgent action required, it should relief soon.

Detailed Answer:

Dear XXXX
Welcome tho health care magic.
thank yo for your query.

Iam Dr Ganesh
Family physician and Radiologist.

1. The symptoms seems like a muscle strain which caused when you got up suddenly from your desk.

2. Naproxen is a pain killer, which has relived your severe symptoms, which indicates that its simple muscle strain nothing much to worry.

3.Blood clot / thrombus in the vessels - would cause very severe / acute and will not get relief with simple medication. And the pain persists until thrombolytic treatment.

4. You should be free of symptoms ( even warmness) in day or two. If not and your pain persists, then you can get a doppler study done to rule out the DVT deep vein thrombosis.

5. You have not missed any urgent care, might be gut getting nervous of acute/sudden pain.

Hope i have answered your query.
If any thing to ask do not hesitate.
thank you for approaching health care magic.
Dr. Ganesh