question-icon

Suggest treatment for pain on the hand with swelling and discoloration

Posted on Mon, 18 May 2015
Question: Pain at the base of my pinkie on my left hand. Feels like a stone bruise. I'm not able to make a fist. I"m almost 50. It's tender to the touch. Some localized swelling and minor discoloration.
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal (12 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
gout probably

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I am Dr Mittal.
I have read your query.
I think I would be able to help you.
The symptoms of the query are quite suggestive of a gouty arthritis.
I would suggest getting a X ray of the hand along with uric acid.
do let me know the results so I can help you further.
I have tried to make it as simple as possible. I hope that the information helps you. Please feel free to contact us for more information. Best of luck. Dr Mittal.
Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist