Suggest treatment for pain on the eyelids

Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Fri, 2 Jun 2017 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: Hello Doctor, I'm feeling pain on my right eye lid and corner of the eye since i woke up this morning. I could not notice anything odd in the morning, but now I see the upper eye lid to be slightly swollen (please see attached pics). Every time I blink, I can feel the pain - fees like something inside eyelids or muscle pain starting from corner till the middle portion. Nothing really happened in the recent past that I can corelate this with. Could you suggest if i can do something to pacify it? thanks in advance!
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Most likely eye infection called sty.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking query on this forum.
Have seen the photos attached by you.
Most likely you are having Sty.A sty is a red, painful lump near the edge of your eyelid that may look like a boil or a pimple. Sties are often filled with pus. A sty usually forms on the outside of your eyelid. But sometimes it can form on the inner part of your eyelid.
Treatment-
Wash eye with cold water thrice a day.
Apply eye ointment Tobramycin thrice a day.
Take antibiotic Cefuroxime 500 twice daily along with Tab sumoflam/willigosp(Diclofenac plus paracetamol plus serratiopeptidase) twice daily. Its a prescription medicine, so need to see a doctor for complete prescription.
Tab Fexofenadine 120 mg once daily (anti histaminic)

Take them for 5 days.
You would be fine.

Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T