Suggest treatment for pain on the back

Posted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 in General Health
Question: My back left and right side . I have been having pain and it is difficult to walk or sit down without this pain. What can this be ?
Answered by Dr. Rovena Murati 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
detailed below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.

Welcome to Healthcare Magic.

I read carefully your query.

A back muscle spasm can cause severe back pain that is worse with movement.Usually heat pads ,anti-inflammation drugs like Ibuprofen and rest improve the symptoms in few days.
If the back pain doesn't seem to improve in some days-1 week ,it might be something more serious than a muscle problem.It might be a herniated disc or a vertebral problem.In this case you might need further investigations like X-ray and MRI /CT scan of lumbar spine.

Right now, try to rest ,apply hot compresses and take Ibuprofen,Naproxen for the pain.

Hope it helps.
Let me know if you have any question.

Kind regards,
Dr.Rovena Murati
Follow up: Dr. Rovena Murati 21 hours later
I am trying this is there anything else I can try?
Answered by Dr. Rovena Murati 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
detailed below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again.

If the cause of your pain is just muscular spasm ,rest,heat pads and an anti-inflammation drug are enough to ease the symptoms.
There is nothing else you can do.
If the pain doesn't seem to improve at all in 1-2 weeks ,you need to get an X-ray of the lumbar spine done.

Dr.Rovena

Dr. Rovena Murati