Suggest treatment for pain on jaws, back and arms

Posted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Pain in jaw right side next to ear. Burning pain in back and both arms sore also.i have been diagnosed with reflux disease. Muscles ache all over.ive had 3 stress tests done in 2 years.the last test was around 2 months ago. All were clear. These are new symtoms. Asked my doctor for an angiogram and he said no. Hes convinced its anxiety. Could this be heart related?
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It looks that you don't need coronarography, but alternative tests.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!
Thank you for your question on HCM!

Your clinical scenario seems not to be related to any cardiac disorders and you don't need to perform an invasive test like a coronary angiography.

Regarding your complains I would like to explain some extra cardiac causes:

1. A cervical disc displacement causing radicular pain can cause similar symptoms.
2. An aortal dissection can mimic the same clinical scenario.
3. The reflux may be the cause of these symptoms.
4. A cholecystitis or a pancreatitis may also be the cause of such complains.

A temporomandibular arthritis can be related to the pain in this region, without any relationship to the above mentioned disorders.

So I would recommend to have some tests like:
A cervical column x ray, a routine blood work, liver function tests, a chest x ray and a cardiac ultrasound for the aorta, an abdominal ultrasound for the pancreas and the gall bladder.

Regarding the temporomandibular junction I would recommend to perform a focused x ray and to consult with the dentist.

Hope to have been helpful!

Feel free to ask any questions whenever you need!

Greetings! Dr. Iliri
Follow up: Dr. Ilir Sharka 51 minutes later
Thanks doctor, ill speak to my own GP Regarding the issues you have raised. Im glad that you think its not heart related. Ive had chest pain in the past and had tests, all came back clear. Theres no history of early heart disease in my family. Obviously having bad anxiety dosent help. Thanks for the detailed report
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome!

Detailed Answer:
Hello again XXXX!

I advice you not to hesitate to discuss the above mentioned options with your attending doctor.

Feel free to ask me whenever you need!

Best regards! Dr. Iliri
Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist