Suggest treatment for pain on hips after an accident

Dr. Shruti Rijhwani

Rheumatologist

Posted on Thu, 14 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I started having pain on Friday and was fine sat and sun and now today I can barely walk. It is in the area just below my waist on left side. I just tried to get into my car...had to seat and swing legs over while in pain. Sitting on couch with heating pad but it is still hurting a lot. I was in a car accident in February and been in therapy three times a week already. Was doing really good. MRI stated c4-c5 bulges and c5-c6 bulges. Can this be causing this pain?
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on HCM.

Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that there exists a possibility that your pain may be originating from hip so any kind of osteoporotic fractures or muscle sprain also needs to be ruled considering your age .

Your C4-C5 , C5 -C6 bulges are not the likely culprit behind this problem . But you should seek medical advise for this early and not ignore it . A x ray of hip joints and lower spine is required to rule this out and physical examination will be important to see from where the pain is originating .

Dr. Shruti