Suggest treatment for pain on elbows radiating to fingers

Posted on Fri, 19 Jun 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have pricking pain while resting on the knuckle of the elbow on the left had. I had this earlier in the right hand too and although that pain is not there now a steady light pain is observed near the elbow region moving towards the fingers...
What could be the reason Doctor...??
Thanks for your support....XXXX
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It can be due to ulnar nerve

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX ji,
I have studied your case. I think you may be having pain in elbow radiating up to fingers. This is common due to pressure on ulnar nerve. I would like to know little detail of your illness before I advising you any further.
1.Since weh you are having this problem?
2.Are you feeling tingling and numbness?
3.Are you a Diabetic?
Please send me answers of these questions. I will try my best to help you.
thanks
Follow up: Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 38 hours later
Dear Doctor,
Thanks for your feedback.
I had my initial problem on right hand around 2 months back.. Also please note that I have been diagnosed for slip disc earlier when I had a pain on the left leg but I have no problem now.
There is no tingling and numbness and do not have a history for diabetics.
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
you need to get x ray of the neck

Detailed Answer:
I have studied your case and I think that you are having nerve compression in the neck or elbow. You need to see orthopaedic doctor and get your self examined. If there is cervical spondylitis then you might need x ray to confirm the diagnosis.
You need to avoid using high pillow. Take intermittent cervical traction for the neck. Tablet pregabalin and methyl cobal at night time will be useful for you.
Thanks
Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement