Suggest treatment for pain near the tailbone
Coccygodynia;following may help
Thanks for posting
I have gone through your query and understand your concern .Based on your description the suffering you are going through is called coccygodynia. You need to have x-ray of coccyx region to rule out any bony pathology.
For now my advice would be-
1. Sitz’s bath- sit in the tub filled with lukewarm water for 10-15 minutes two times daily.
2. Avoid sitting on hard surface and jerky rides.
3.You may take Ibuprofen along with Injection of depomedrol at the site of pain. You may discuss this with your local doctor.
4.Keagle pelvic floor exercises helps.
It is usually a difficult situation and takes time to heal. But do not lose hope. You will get over it. Looking forward to x-ray report.
Take care and wish you good health.
Yes it looks to be coccygodynia
It's good to see you.
I have gone through your reply carefully. The diagnosis of coccygodynia is based on clinical sign and symptoms. In most of the cases x-ray report is normal.
You may continue with the treatment as discussed earlier.
Wishing you early recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pinched nerve in tailbone pain and treatment
- Suggest treatment for pain in tailbone
- Calcium treatment for tailbone pain
- Treatment and cure for Tailbone pain
- Painful pressure near tailbone body pain pain post intercourse treatment
- Ayurvedic treatment for tailbone pain
- Suggest treatment for pain in tailbone after an injury
- Treatment and cure for chronic tailbone pain
- Suggest ayurvedic treatment for tailbone pain
- Tailbone pain buttock numbness treatment