Suggest treatment for pain near the ribs
May be a sensory nerve problem.
Thanks for your query and an elucidate history.
You have sensitive/painful skin on right flank near the bottom of ribs.
Such type of pain also called as parasthesia can occur on the sensory nerve getting entrapped or pressed upon.
The causes can be:
Disc bulging in the thoracic spinal area.
Compression of the sensory nerve by tumor, in scar or so on.
I would advise you to have the following:
Clinical evaluation, actual physical examination and testing for sensations by your Doctor and get a referral for MRI of the thoracic spine and other tests as may be required as well as for Neurologist or a General Surgeon as may be indicated.
his examination will also help to rule out any local causes like colitis or any inflammatory process going on inside the said area. An ultrasonography and tests of blood,urine, stool to be done as advised.
I hope you do not have any other symptoms in general or related to the bladder or bowel.
I hope this answer helps you to get a proper early diagnosis and proper treatment. Please give feedback and feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you need to or if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for rib pain under the left arm
- Suggest treatment for back and ribs pain
- Treatment for cracked ribs pain
- Broken rib pain treatment
- Suggest treatment for rib fracture pain
- Suggest treatment for pain due to broken rib cage
- Suggest treatment for pain in rib cage
- Suggest treatment for pain due to broken rib bone
- Suggest treatment for intense rib pain caused by an injury
- Suggest treatment for pain in ribs