Suggest treatment for pain in the throat and swallowing difficulty

Dr. Riddhi Shah

ENT Specialist

Posted on Wed, 22 Mar 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Since yesterday morning I am having pain in my right ear just near the throat. I am having diificulty in swallowing saliva.
Answered by Dr. Riddhi Shah 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Probably suffering from Inflammation in the throat

Detailed Answer:
Hi,thank you for posting your query on health care magic.

I have gone through your query and can understand your concern.

Looking at your symptoms, you are probably suffering from Inflammation in your throat leading to painful swallowing and referred pain to ear.

You may continue using Tablet Flexon.It contains Ibuprofen with Paracetamol.It is an Analgesic with Antiinflammatory.
Take Antacid like Rantac along with Flexon.
Also start a Decongestant with Antihistaminic combination like Levocetrizine with Phenylephrine.(take Decongestant only if you are not suffering from hypertension).

If you have symptoms like ear discharge,ear blockage,etc,then you might be having ear problem,otherwise the pain in the ear seems to be due to inflammation in your throat.

Also do warm saline gargles.Drink lots of warm fluids.Dont put warm oil inside ear.Avoid cold,spicy,oily food.

Hope this answers your question.I would be happy to answer if you have any further questions.Taje care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana