Suggest treatment for pain in the thigh muscles

Dr. Chander Mohan Singh

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 21 Mar 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Pain in the thigh muscle especially when walking.

Could it be the muscle spasm or nerve demage in the thigh? That what the acupuncturist said. I already saw a doctor neurologist, he didn't know where the pain comes from.
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get MRI scan.

Detailed Answer:

I have read your query.

It seems you have pain due to compression in nerve which comes from lumbosacral region.

I advise you to visit orthopedic surgeon instead of neurologist, he will do your complete physical examination.

I also advise you to have MRI scan of lumbosacral region and send me the report, you can also discuss about MRI with your doctor.

I don't know why the neurologist had not advised you MRI scan.

Till then have tab. aceclofenac100mg+thiocolchicoside4mg twice a day, cap pregabalin75mg+methylcobalamine750mcg at night by prescription of your family doctor.

Lipitor causes generalized muscle fatigue or pain, not in thigh only.

Thanks,

Dr.CHANDER XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad