Suggest treatment for pain in the testicles

Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal

Posted on Tue, 28 Mar 2017 in General Health
Question: I have some pain in the testicles. Not real severe. Started during the night kind of like they had been pinched because of sleeping position. Maybe some dehydration on my part but have increased my water intake today. Have had some slight dribbles but mostly very very slight and not real frequent.
Answered by Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possible Diagnosis:epididymo-orchitis

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for the query at HealthcareMagic.

Pain in the testis and lower abdomen require further investigation to rule out epididymo-orchitis ,which is the inflammation of epididymus (tube in the backside of testis) and testis. It may be due to spread of infection from bladder (urinary tract infection). Epididymo-orchitis require treatment with antibiotics.
Further investigations like urine analysis and culture is required to make a definite diagnosis. I recommend that you consult Primary care Physician for further evaluation and management.
Meanwhile continue drinking adequate amount of fluids and Paracetamol (if not allergic or medical conditions contraindicating it's use) for pain.

Hope I was able to answer your question
Please feel free to address any more concerns
Dr.Lekshmi
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T