Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

159 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for pain in the testicle

Answered by
Dr. Endri Katro

General Surgeon

Practicing since :2009

Answered : 342 Questions

Posted on Mon, 27 Mar 2017 in Men's Health
Question: I have pain in my left testical that keeps me awake at night
Answered by Dr. Endri Katro 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
More information needed...

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking Healthcaremagic.

I am Dr.Endri and I will be answering at your questions.

It would be great If you could provide more information about this pain.
-for how long do you have this pain
-does it hurt when you touch your testicle
-is your testicle bigger than the other,or did its size change and get bigger?
-do you have fever
-do you have other symptoms like burning sensation while urinating,or your urine smells bad??

Since I am missing this kind of information I will try to cover the most common reasons to feel pain in the testicle.
1-orchiepididymitis (inflammation/infection of the testicle) in this case there is nothing to be worried,a course of antibiotics prescribe by your physician and painkillers like ibuprofen
2-scrotal hernia. in this case the only treatment is through surgery and repair the hernia
3-hydrocele (liquids inside your testicle) it can be repaired through surgery or just treat the symptoms (painkillers) if there is just a litle liquid
4-tumor of the testicle. in this case surgery is yhe only option
5-cyst of epididymis .it can be repaired through surgery
6-torsion of your testicle. surgery needed as soon as possible.

If I was your caring doctor I would perform a physical exam at your testicle. Since this can't be done by me I suggest as follows:
-consult your physician just to be sure that you don't have a torsion of your testicle

Depending from the physical exam you might need to do these exams:
-ultrasound of your testicle to check for cysts,hernia,tumor, and the blood flow at your testicle
-urine test (urinary tract infection can cause orchiepidymitis)
-other tests,like blood tests ect.

Meanwhile you can use ibuprofen 400 mg for the pain.

If you have any other question,don't hesitate to contact me.

wish you good health.

Dr.Endri Katro
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Scrotal hernia

doctor1 MD

What would cause a swollen scrotum . I am 72 years and am taking 20 mg of visibility per day. I also drink about 5-6 beers per day. I have no problem with urinating and have a steady stream. I also am not experiencing any pain in my scrotum area.

doctor1 MD

There is some extra build up in my scrotum . Pictures below. What could it be and how to go about it? It also does not hurt. When i exercise it goes away. But it seems to really appear when i get out of shower or when im on my feet for awhile....

doctor1 MD

my husband has a hernia that has now dropped all the way down into his scrotum . It is a little bigger than a ten.ball, the left one being about the size of a grape. it is quite sore and is really hard inside. Is he in any more danger now that it has dropped down there. If I recall, it seems like one of the Drs. said something to him about this being more dangerous.