question-icon

Suggest treatment for pain in the scrotum and penis

Posted on Sat, 12 Nov 2016
Question: I have pain in my scrotum and penis and have had for several weeks I get dreadful pain when stop weeing it is as though my penis is in a vice to-night there is blood in my urine the also under my scrotum. I have had Prostate cancer tree years ago.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah (39 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Please, see a urologist!

Detailed Answer:

You will need to se a urologist. At minimum, we need to get a urine test and examine your genitals fully. I am not sure if you underwent surgery for the prostate cancer or not but measuring your PSA levels would be very helpful in evaluating where we stand with the cancer.

For pain, I will suggest tramadol/morphine. Unfortunately, you need a doctor’s script for this. In the interim, try a combination of tylenol and Ibuprofen.

I will say, see your doctor as soon as possible. We need to understand more and move faster. Keep me updated. Until next, I wish you well.
Dr. Ivo Ditah