• question-icon

Suggest treatment for pain in the right knee

Posted on Tue, 25 Jul 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: hello my name is xxxxxx XXXXXXX xxxxxx and I have a painful right knee it keeps locking and giving way on me I am on strong painkillers but they don't seem to
Answered by Dr. Ahmed Aly Hassan 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Physiotherapy have the main role in improving most of cases else visit your specialist for better evaluation .

Detailed Answer:
Hi i am Dr Ahmed Aly
thanks for using HealthcareMagic site ,
I had gone through your question and understand your concerns ..

This might be a sort of osteoarthritis or joint stiffness . In most of cases pain may subside simultaneously without medications by relaxing .
For my patients i may recommend tylenol tabs after meals , hot gentle massages with topical anti-inflammatory gels , B12 vitamin supplementation and muscle relaxants but medication alone would not work in your case . Physiotherapy and massages will be more effective in most of cases with knee locking .
Physiotherapy with a good chiropractor will be fine else more laboratory investigations and an MRI scan and follow up these results with your physician for proper evaluation and management .
In more chronic or resistant cases steroid tabs or injections may be prescribed and they give good results with painful knees but have to be done by a good experienced specialist to prevent the risk of their side effects .

Please click and consider a 5 star rating with some positive feedback if the information was helpful. Wish you good health,
Any further clarifications feel free to ask.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Ahmed Aly Hassan

Orthopaedic Surgeon