Suggest treatment for pain in the ribs

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 26 Aug 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Fell while hiking on beach on rocks. Left side of body and back toward bottom of rib cage hurts like crazy. But I can breathe fine, walk around etc. doesn't hurt while sitting, but when I bend etc
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Soft tissue injury likely.

Detailed Answer:
The pain that you have is likely to be due to a soft tissue injury. Any serious injury is not likely. The pain will subside in next few days with pain killer and rest. It is best to avoid all the painful movements. Doing a hot compress after 48 hours of the injury will help. Continue taking ibuprofen after meals for relief.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal