Suggest treatment for pain in the navel
Abdominal ultrasound to rule out other causes, then treat IBS
Hello ma'am and welcome.
Thank you for writing to us.
I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. Because of the location of your pain I would recommend an ultrasound of your abdomen and pelvis just to make sure we can rule out other conditions before assuming the pain to be associated with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) or diverticulosis.
The appendix does lie in the region your pain is present but the pain with appendicitis is more towards the centre of the abdomen with other symptoms like fever, nausea and vomiting.
Abdominal bloating, excess gas, diarrhoea, etc; can all be associated with diverticulosis and/or IBS. So once other conditions have been ruled out, management of these conditions should be initiated.
With life style modifications, specific diet (very important), and medications like mebeverine for IBS, symptoms of both IBS and diverticulosis can be suppressed.
I hope you find my response helpful sir. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I am always here to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for stomach pains
- Treatment and cure for navel infection
- Navel displacement treatment
- Suggest treatment for coccyx pain
- Suggest treatment for back pain
- Treatment and cure for navel hernia
- Suggest treatment for ankle pain
- Suggest treatment for ear pain
- Suggest treatment for joint pain
- Suggest treatment for pain and anxiety