Suggest treatment for pain in the navel

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Abdominal Pain
Question: My son has pain around the navel area. It is localized to an area 2 inches around and below the navel towards pubic section. The discomfort intensifies whenever he takes a deep and long breathe. The discomfort started immediately after eating oatmeal. Its been on for 12 minutes now. He told me he had a similar experience about a month ago but not as intense after a meal of rice and veggies.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Rule out appendicitis

Detailed Answer:

Sorry for the delay in my response.

Based on the site of pain, I believe the probable cause could be appendicular inflammation. It most often does present as recurrent episodes of pain.

The other possibility I could think of it intestinal gas due to undigested food particles. .

Pain does subside with a combination of antispasmodic and a NSAID like Tab Meftal Spas.

I recommend you to get a abdominal Ultrasound scan done. This is the gold standard test helping in ruling out appendicitis.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Please do ask if any doubts.
If you are satisfied with the answer, please rate the same with five stars and close.

If in future you need to consult me, you can approach me directly through the below link.

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-raju-a-t/60137