Suggest treatment for pain in the knee after injury

Dr. Gopal Goel

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 3 Apr 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I missed a step and jammed my right knee. I am experiencing pain above the knee when I go to stand up from a sitting position and when I lift my leg to take stairs. The area above my knee is slightly swollen.
Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be quadriceps sprain.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, I am Dr Gopal Goel , Orthopedic Surgeon.
By the description , it appears that you have sprained quadriceps tendon( Thigh muscle).
I suggest take pain killers, Ice pack locally at least 3-4 times a day.
If you don't feel relieved by 50% in 5 days then go for an X ray.
Thanx for the question. Please feel free to ask any other question.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana