Suggest treatment for pain in the hip

Posted on Mon, 13 Feb 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Pain in right right hip that makes it difficult to sleep. Yoga seems to help. How do I identify what is causing the problem? I am 82 but in good health with no medication needed. Thank YYYY@YYYY .
Answered by Dr. Ahmed Aly Hassan 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
arithritis is very common and may resolve simultaneously if no underlying systemic diseases .

X rays , MRI , CT on right hip joint are the best diagnostic tools .
Detailed Answer:
Hi i am Dr Ahmed Aly
thanks for using healthcaremagic site ,
I had gone through your question and understand your concerns ..

For my patients , if there is no history of any near injury that could be arithritis which is very common with age , over weight , changes in weather for proper diagnosis you may ask your physician for some lab investigations and imaging on right hip joint like X rays , MRI , CT to properly diagnose the cause of pain .

Please click THANK YOU and consider a 5 star rating with some positive feedback if the information was helpful. Hope the above information helps you,
Any further clarifications feel free to ask.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Ahmed Aly Hassan

Orthopaedic Surgeon