Suggest treatment for pain in the hip joint

Dr. Gopal Goel

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 30 Mar 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I had hip surgery a year ago and I still have hip pain most of all in my upper joint when I XXXXXXX to much .I work as an cleaner bending all the time and picking up things could that be why I have this pain can u please help

Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be Implant loosening

Detailed Answer:
Hi, I am Dr Gopal Goel , Orthopedic Surgeon.

I have read the description you have given specially about the history of fall in elevator.

Normally the pain typically occurs due to few common reasons like loosening of the implant , excessive erosion of the implant, hip joint protruding inside the pelvis(protrusio) or infection.

Osteoporosis contributes indirectly to pain. Any fall will accelerate loosening of the implant.

I suggest you get one fresh X Ray of the hip, Bone Densitometry Dexa Scan, blood counts .

Start taking mild pain killers. If the reports are normal , then consult your surgeon again.

Thanks for the question. Please feel free to ask any other question.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj