Suggest treatment for pain in the heel

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 27 Jun 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have heel pain in my left foot. Yes it hurts to walk on it but the weirdest thing is after standing or sitting with pressure on my foot it hurts to release the pressure.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be plantar fasciitis.

Detailed Answer:
From your symptoms, it seems that you are suffering from plantar fasciitis. It happens due to inflammation of the plantar fascia.
A short term rest and oral anti inflammatory drugs are required to take care of the inflammation.
To help the pain, ice the area immediately after getting up in the morning. You can use either a store-bought cold pack or a frozen wet towel. Ice for 10 or 15 minutes. To reduce inflammation, take an aspirin or ibuprofen at mealtime.

A 4-inch wide Crepe bandage wrapped around the region also helps reduce discomfort.
Calf and anterior (front of) leg stretching and strengthening addresses the biomechanical problems and reduces pain.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal