Suggest treatment for pain in the heel

Dr. Ronald Schubert

Posted on Wed, 24 Aug 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I am having a painful shocking pain in my left heal. I can hardly walk. I am wondering if this is a neu
rological problem or if I should see a foot doctor.
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Plantar Fasciitis

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for contacting HCM with your health care concerns

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing shocking heal pain in your left foot. What you are experiencing is plantar fasciitis. This a condition where the tendons od the foot that merge into the heal get inflamed. This can be very painful. The treatment requires stretching of the tendons of the foot with stretching exercises, using heal pads in your shoes and taking anti-inflammatory medications like ibuprofen. If these measures don't help then I recommend you see a foot doctor. They have other modalities that can help heal the area

I hope I answered your question. Please contact us again if you have any additional questions