Suggest treatment for pain in the buttocks while taking Cialis

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Wed, 21 Sep 2016 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: my husband has been taking 5 mgs of cialis for erectile dysfunction and benign prostate h for the past 6 days. works very well for ed. he has a pain in muscle in back of buttock wher it joins leg and we are not sure it is related to med. if so does it eventually go away if he continues using
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Pain in back of buttock is not due to Cialis

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Your husband is taking Cialis for ED since 6 days and now getting pain in back of buttock since then .

Cialis has specific action on erectile tissue and does not have any action on any muscles hence the pain that he has is not related to Cialis. The pain could be due to Sciatica .

Please consult qualified Orthopedic surgeon or Neurologist for a detailed examination of the region.

In the meanwhile, keep resting, take pain killers like IBUPROFEN 400 mg twice daily after food for next 2-3 days and observe for any improvement

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 49 minutes later
Thanks I had read of infrequent side effect where they talk about infrequent back pain, or joint muscles. I think it could be as you say sciatica bc of location. So your response is reassuring.
Brief Answer:
Wish you a good health

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for writing again ,
Have a good health .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.