Suggest treatment for pain in the breast
I wore a really tight bra about 1 week ago and ever since then my breasts have been hurting. Could i have pulled a muscle? Or im on this new medicine amlodipine 5 mgs. Could that cause breast tenderness? I also have developed a cough, and havent been feeling that great. Could this all be me getting used to that pill or my breasts hurt from wearing that very tight bra?
Amlodipine and stress can cause
Thanks for your query and an elucidate history.
To recapitulate: Female/57 - tight bra 1 week ago - breasts hurting - new med Amlodipine - cough - not feeling great - Advil - anxiety 4 people passed away in 7 months - stressing on you - wants to know the reason for breast tenderness...
Amlodipine is known to cause breast enlargement and pain particularly in female patients above the age of 60. Hence I would advise you to consult your Doctor and change over to another medicine. This will help in 2 ways- first of all, stopping this medicine can help to alleviate the pain in breasts. Secondly, this will be diagnostic and therapeutic too.
Tight bra is not much known to cause breast pains.
The stress can increase the blood pressure and all other bad effects on body and mind. Control of stress can negate the necessity of Amlodipine or such medicines and hence can control most of the symptoms. Stress it self can cause breast pain, costochondritis.
Insist on medication for stress too.
I hope this answer helps you, please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication and give feedback about the efficacy of starting stress buster treatment and change over to another medication.
This may help.
Thanks for your appreciation.
I am hopeful that this change helps to relieve the pains.
Please give feedback about the results.
Continue symptomatic treatment.
Thanks for your feedback.
Your symptoms look to be due to allergies or may be a flu without fever.
You are already taking Nexium for reflux.
Take soft bland diet, small frequent means and antacid when on empty stomach.
No stress and/or anxiety as these'll add on to any of the existing problems that you have.
Take symptomatic treatment for coughing and any other symptoms that you have.
Plain steam inhalations does help relieve chest congestion, no need to add anything to water.
Let me know if there's any further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for pain below my left breast
- What treatment is suggested for pain in breast muscles
- Suggest treatment for severe pain under the breast
- Suggest treatment for painful lump between the breasts
- Suggest treatment for painful nipples and breast after iud
- What treatment is suggested for pain during breast feeding
- Suggest treatment for breast cancer
- Treatment for pain below breasts
- Treatment for breast pain
- Treatment and cure for breast pain
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in foot from hip to toe
- Suggest treatment for gall bladder stones
- What causes pain and bleeding post rectocele repair surgery?
- Suggest treatment for gastritis
- What causes chest pain and abdominal pain?
- What does this ultrasonongraphy report indicate?
- What causes whitish color of outside of urethra?
- What causes skin growth on buttocks oozing pus?
- What does this EKG report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for darkened glans penis