Suggest treatment for pain in the breast

Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil

Posted on Mon, 11 Jul 2016 in General Health
Question: I am having mild pain under my right boob to the right
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Explained

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome

I appreciate your concern

Kindly answer the following to advise accordingly

For how long has this pain been there.
Do you have a history of GERD or dyspepsia
Is the pain constant or is it colicky in nature I. e comes and goes
Is the pain radiating to the back
Is the pain associated with vomiting or nausea
What medications are you using currently

let me know if you have any query

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

Dr M.S Khalil
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 3 minutes later
I was sick yesterday throwing up, so maybe it's a pulled muscle. No the pain is radiating to the back. It is rather constant. The pain just started this afternoon.

It is way to the right of my boob on the bottom.

I was sick yesterday throwing up, so maybe I pulled a muscle. The pain is not radiating to th back. It is rather constant. The pain just started this afternoon.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Explained

Detailed Answer:
Hello again.

Yes, its very much possible that the pain is associated with the forceful vomiting and strain. PPIs like lansoprazole along with pro kinetics like domeperidone can be advised to address the cause.

The pain can be associated with costochondritis for which NSAIDs like ibuprofen are required. Though in every case of atypical chest pain, a cardiac cause should be ruled out primarily. A baseline EKG can be done in this regard to rule out the possibility.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

Dr. M.S. Khalil