question-icon

Suggest treatment for pain in the breast area and armpit

Posted on Mon, 18 May 2015
Question: My 24 year old son is having a good amount of pain in his left side, sort of opposite the breast area and a little ways under the armpit, and he said that he did not fall or injure himself in any way that he can think of. Most of the body parts that I can think of would be lower on the body like kidney, appendix, and gallbladder, so I am really at a loss for what this could possibly be. Can you advise us? Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal (30 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
possible causes discussed

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I am Dr Mittal.
I have read your query.
I think I would be able to help you.
I will need to know the exact location.
Is the pain on chest or abdomen.
Most left sided pain usually Turn out to be severe gastritis.
I usually suggest tab rabeprazole 20 mg twice daily before food.
The most significant cause of left pain is of cardiac origin. Since he is young, chances are less. Still I suggest a echocardiography.
The 2 other significant causes are gall stones and pancreatitis. I suggest testing ultrasound abdomen and amylase lipase for this.

I have read your query. I have tried to make it as simple as possible. I hope that the information helps you. Please feel free to contact us for more information. Best of luck. Dr Mittal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Saumya Mittal (1 hour later)
It is definitely higher up, like opposite the chest, not lower.
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal (8 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
advice not altered

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for your response.
Thanks for information.
My previous suggestions remain UN altered
please feel free to contact us for more information.
Best of luck.
Dr Mittal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist