Suggest treatment for pain in the anus

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 25 Aug 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I have a sharp pain in my anus and around my anus cheek, left side, i can not sit or walk, pain is horrible. I have no problem going to the bathroom, no blood anywhere, no swollen only pain if i touch it an also no red or purple. I dont know what it is please help thank you
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Thrombosed pile/ fissure/ deep abscess

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
To recapitulate: Female/31 - severe sharp pain in anus and on left side of anus cheek - can not sit or walk - no problem going to bathroom - no swelling - tenderness on touching - no redness/purple - wants to know what it is...

The most probable causes as per the history you have provided are:
- thrombosed pile/hemorrhoid.
- fissure in ano with infection deep within
- perianal abscess in deep

This can be diagnosed by the following:
Local examination: inspection
Per-rectal digital examination and proctoscopy may not be possible due to the severe pain you have.
MRI helps in such a case, as even high resolution ultrasonography can be very painful in such a case.

Please get this done.
Get started with proper antibiotics, metronidazole.
Painkiller with anti-inflammatory properties.
Mild laxative to keep the stool softened.
If there is no relief, surgery may be required.

I hope this answer helps you to get an early and proper diagnosis and proper treatment.
Please give feedback about the diagnosis and the treatment.