Suggest treatment for pain in the ankles

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

Posted on Thu, 1 Sep 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: i have pain in ankles
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It can be due to raised uric acid or the joint deformities

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to health care magic! Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all, it is sad to know what you had gone through.

Based on the history you have shared, it seems as if you are suffering from ankle sprain if history of trauma is present. If not, then likelihood of increased uric acid may be considered as that can also cause such symptoms. To start with getting rediographs of ankle and getting blood screens including uric acid levels, ESR and CRP must be needed. Using OTC analgesics like acetaminophen or ibuprofen will help with the symptoms. Using capsaicin gels topically may also relieve the symptoms.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad