Suggest treatment for pain in testicles while lifting heavy box

Dr. Muhammed Aslam

Posted on Fri, 12 Sep 2014 in Testicle Problems
Question: i started lifting a tool box that was heavy. i felt a small pop in my right testicle and never lifted the tool box off the ground. I stopped as soon as i felt it. It did not hurt right away but by that night it hurt a lot. the next day not so bad and by the third day the pain was all but gone. it was just tinder for about two weeks. Has sex with the wife and pain came back. Again pain all gone after three days. But remains tinder like it could come back. It is ok if i wear loose paints or shorts. the pain seems to come from the under side of right testicle and of coarse when it starts hurting I feel the pain a little higher like when you get hit in the testicles.
Answered by Dr. Muhammed Aslam 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
testicular torsion is to be ruled out.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,

As you describe, it is likely that you have got testicular torsion while that weight lifting .
To confirm this, we need to have a local examination and an ultrasound Doppler of the scrotum. If confirmed, this may need a minor surgical procedure to fix the testes in position.
Kindly see a general surgeon or urologist for further evaluation and management. Its better to avoid delay as this may compromise testicular function .

Hope I gave answered your query.
Wishing for everything to be fine.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj