Suggest treatment for pain in tendons caused after taking Ciprofloxacin
I got 2x500mg Ciprofloxacin for 10 days to treat a minor ear infection.
This was 8 weeks ago.
During the treatment I developed tendon and joint pain, tremors, tinnitus and abnormally frequent lose stools (no diarrhea).
I found out that the tendon pain comes from Ciprofloxacin.
Is there anything I can do to treat it?
Adequate rest, physiotherapy.
Thanks for your query.
Tendinitis or tendon rupture is a rare adverse effects of Ciprofloxacin.
It can be treated with adequate rest, multivitamin and joint physiotherapy.
Ultra sonic massage or interferential therapy may also help.
Consult an Orthopaedician or Physiotherapists for start of the treatment.
Hope this answers your query. If any further questions, will be happy to help.
Hi, thanks for your follow up query.
Physiotherapy helps to reduce the long standing inflammation in the joints , muscle, tendons etc.
There are different types of physiotherapy, for your condition ultra sonic massage may help.
anyway an orthopaedic or physiotherapists are better adviser. Thanks. Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for Tendon pain
- Suggest treatment for pain after surgeries
- Suggest treatment for painful tongue caused after taking novacaine
- Bicep tendon pain treatment
- Suggest treatment for pain due to strained muscle tendons
- Weight gain after taking steroid treatment for allergy suggestive treatment
- Is ciprofloxacin effective for ulcer treatment
- Ciprofloxacin 500 mg treatment
- Diagnosed with epididymo orchitis and varicocele taking ciprofloxacin proper treatment
- Ciprofloxacin length of treatment