Suggest treatment for pain in side of penis

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Thu, 10 Sep 2015 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hi , I got pain in right side of my penis ball. That in rare case. So can u give solution and what s there to get pain. Past 2weeks I have this pain especially in wake up time.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is likely to be due to infection of either Epididymis or Testis.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query ,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that the pain in Rt testicle is mostly due to either infection of Epididymis or Testis (Epididymo-Orchitis).

However this can be confirmed only on clinical examination by a qualified General Surgeon or Urologist and doing following basic test
1) Routine urine test and urine culture
2) Ultrasound scanning of Scrotum.

In the mean while take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefixime along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkalizer thrice daily .Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Ensure to drink more water .To keep your urine dilute This will help to control dysuria.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Hello sir.
Can you tel , how it get infection and what are all prevention for that. because while consume coconut water alternate days , they pain will not be. When u stop consume that , pain has slowly rise.while same time if we took some naturally cooling food , pain will not be occur, like oil massage in stomach area. So can u give permanent solution for this.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You need to keep yourself well hydrated .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up.
The basic cause behind getting pain and inflammation of the testis is UTI which usually occurs due to concentrated urine when one is dehydrated or drinks less water.

Make it a habit to drink one glass of water every hour irrespective of whether you are thirsty or not .This will keep you away from getting UTI and subsequent problems like getting infection of Testis,
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 7 hours later
Hello sir,
Because of this nothing be serious know. Yesterday little pain on right side kidney. So because of dehydrated pain in kidney side, or that s different.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes the pain in kidney could be due to dehydration.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up.The pain in Rt kidney could be due to crystaluria due to concentrated urine resulting out of dehydration.

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.