Suggest treatment for pain in shoulders and legs

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: pain in both shoulders pain in upper legs pain joints of hand and fingers lower back pain low salt count in blood infection count at 11.0 a1c 6.7 advil relieves the symptoms for approximatel;y 4 hrs blood tests other than ones mentioned were normal have not tested the gall bladder or done urine sample psa normal
Answered by Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Full report necessary, possibly infection leading to body ache.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking.
I am Dr. Prakash HM and I will be answering your query.
Based on your query, my opinion is as follows:

1. You seem to having generalized body ache. If it is since a short duration, possibly prodromal symptoms of viral fever. Paracetamol/ advil can be taken every 4-6 hours. If its present for longer duration, hemoglobin evaluation, thyroid hormone evaluation along with improved diet is necessary.
2. Painkillers may be necessary for 3-5 days.
3. During this period, improved protein rich diet and good hydration (6-7 liters of water per day) will be very helpful.
4. HbA1C is good. WBC count is near the upper limit of normal and possibly signifies infection. Full report, if available, further opinion is possible. For these symptoms, i would not think of any gallbladder cause or prostate cause as there is no jaundice, abdominal pain or increased frequency of urination.

Hope it helps.
Any further queries, here to help again.

Dr. Prakash HM
Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrics Specialist