Suggest treatment for pain in right abdominal area

Posted on Tue, 9 Jun 2015 in Lump
Question: Hello, I've been having a bit of pain in my right abdominal area, near the galbladder/liver area, as well as my pelvic region and lower abdomen near the hip bone. It's been on/off for about 3 months. Pain isn't excruciating, but noticable. Please advise. Thank you
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You should be investigated.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
As per your description, you have pain in few quadrants in the abdomen.
Pain due to Liver /Gall bladder disease is in the right upper quadrant of the abdomen . Ultrasound abdomen will confirm most of the diseases related to these organs.
Pain in the pelvic region and right hip could be due to Inguinal hernia or Right side Ureteric stone. Hernia can be diagnosed clinically. Ultrasound abdomen will also give a clue for the pain in this area.
Please consult your doctor, get examined clinically and proceed accordingly.
Hope I answered your query. If you have any questions, I will clarify further.
Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon