Suggest treatment for pain in one knee

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist

Posted on Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: pain like sprain on front both sides of one kn ee. going from seated to standing.f also hard to lif t foot, same pain.
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need greater details

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I am Dr Mittal
I will try to help you with your query

Can you tell me more about this pain?
Any injury?

Any x ray?

Please let me have more information and a detailed history
Then I can help you better

Dr Mittal
Follow up: Dr. Saumya Mittal 2 hours later
I have had for some years a corn or something on my fourth toe on the ball of the toe, which has caused me to walk on my flat foot *that something so small could cause so much pain!), or on my foot flat. This in turn has swiveled the knee inwards so the leg now seems to bend inwards at the knee. Whether this has anything to do with it I dont know. The pain is sharp at the knee, and the joint seems stiff. The pain is mainly on the outside front and also on the inner front of the knee joint, and hurts with walking, where the top of the foot hurts also (lifting the foot. The act of (while_taking off the shoe provokes the same pain.

To complicate things I have PD amd DBS treatment for it, and the PD may have contributed towards the twisting of the leg. TO me the pain on the top of the foot that comes while lifting the foot to talk might help in diagnosing, but I am not a doctor, My doc says take a painkiller, but the pain does not go away except with bed rest - as long as that lasts
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
3 possibilities

Detailed Answer:
There are a couple of possibilities.
1. The abnormal posture as you mentioned, may cause trouble. It would need removal of the corn, a relatively small procedure. And subsequent physiotherapy.
2. It may be plantar fascitis. There fore you have the pain on starting to step. Agin needs physiotherapy.
3. May be starting of arthritis. Will need x rays to confirm, Thereafter we can give medicines and suggest physiotherapy in accordance

Please let me know the x ray report
Bets of luck
Dr Mittal