Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for pain in neck and arms after an injury

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1290 Questions
my 8yr old boy is cracking his neck and complains of a sore arm, we have had xrays of his arm with no signs, about 6 mths ago he fell of the monkey bars at school and was taken to hospital they did not find any concerns
Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 1 hour later
Brief Answer: problem is the cervical spine and not the arm Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX This is Dr. Ashish Verma, a general surgeon, answering to your query. I dont think that the problem is at at arm...mostly its his cervical spine that has one. I think during his accident at school he had injured this cervical spine which is now causing compression over a nerve supplying the arm... He may needed a CT or MRI of the neck to know exactly where is the compression... Further management will depend upon the report...till then you can give him analgesics... And if you are thinking that its over half an year ago...and why i can tell you that these spine and nerve injuries can present even years later...sometimes fracture heal in wrong way and cause compression or sometimes even the healing callus can cause compression... so a proper evaluation becomes necessary... Hope, that i have answered to all your queries. If you have further queries, i will be glad to answer them.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for pain in neck and arms after an injury 31 minutes later
I have taken him to several doctors and they have done xrays so you think I should take him back and ask for a ct or mri of his neck, he also complains of dizziness, and feeling a bit off in the tummy could this all be related. What is analgesics
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: should Detailed Answer: Hi, Analgesics are also called as pain killers in common language... and i think that you are already giving him those...coz he is complaining of stomach pain. These pain killers cause gastritis... acidity.....which he is having start him on antacids of newer type like pantaprazole... its available over the counter.... Now back to your main query....yes you need to get an mri...its better than ct to detect nerve i think that the dizziness he is having could be related to it...this makes it a bit urgent too...and now you need to consult a neuro specialist for all this...he is a better person for this... Regards, Dr. Ashish Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor