Suggest treatment for pain in lower back

Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in Back Pain
Question: Since last 4 days, i was not able to go to gym. Today while leaving for gym, i bent forward to pick up my shoes and then when i got up, it pained me in lower back. The pain is bearable but not allowing me to lay down, sit or walk. Could you please help me with a solution? Pain is in lower back (HIP)
Answered by Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get a lumbar support belt

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX, thanks for coming to HealthCareMagic. Hi, it sounds like you need o slowly concentrate on core muscle strength so that your back will be prevented from these kinds of injuries. Speak to a good physical therapist or gym instructor about core strengthening exercises.

In the meantime, it would be a good idea to go to a surgical shop and invest in a lumbar support belt. This will keep your back stable while you exercise and should control the pain.

Limited use of OTC pain killers like Brufen and Dolo is also something you can do too control the pain.

I hope this helps.

Vinay