Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for pain in lower back

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Neurologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 544 Questions
Since last 4 days, i was not able to go to gym. Today while leaving for gym, i bent forward to pick up my shoes and then when i got up, it pained me in lower back. The pain is bearable but not allowing me to lay down, sit or walk. Could you please help me with a solution? Pain is in lower back (HIP)
Posted Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get a lumbar support belt

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX, thanks for coming to HealthCareMagic. Hi, it sounds like you need o slowly concentrate on core muscle strength so that your back will be prevented from these kinds of injuries. Speak to a good physical therapist or gym instructor about core strengthening exercises.

In the meantime, it would be a good idea to go to a surgical shop and invest in a lumbar support belt. This will keep your back stable while you exercise and should control the pain.

Limited use of OTC pain killers like Brufen and Dolo is also something you can do too control the pain.

I hope this helps.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor