Suggest treatment for pain in lower back and foot

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I HAVE LOWER BACK PAIN, PAIN IN MY LEFT FOOT AND A HARD TIME WITH MY BOWEL MOVEMENT. W?HAT COULD IT BE ? It has been going on for over a year. Yes I have been going to the doctor.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to various causes.

Detailed Answer:
Common causes of low back pain are-

Poor postural habits
Muscular strain
Ligaments sprain
Herniated disc
Spinal stenosis
Osteoporosis
Fibromyalgia

Pain in the foot can be related to the back pain or can be due to arthritis or plantar fasciitis. The constipation can be due to decreased fiber or fluid intake, sedentary lifestyle or gut disturbances.
Proper diagnosis involves investigations like ultrasound of the abdomen, X-ray and MRI of the spine after an examination by your primary physician.
The treatment will then depend on the cause.
Hot fomentation and oral muscle relaxants can provide a temporary relief till then.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Pradeep Vitta
Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon