Suggest treatment for pain in lower abdomen

Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari

General Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 30 Aug 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Question: Sir, pain in lower abdomen right side.usg and bariam meal xray is normal.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Additional information required

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Dear Sir

It would be very helpful if you could provide me additional information for me to be able to guide you further

1. How long has the pain been present and where is the exact location of pain on right side of abdomen?

2. Do you have any other associated symptoms like Vomiting, fever, distension of abdomen , testicular pain or any alteration in bowel habits like constipation or loose stools?

Awaiting your response

Take Care

Best Regards
Dr Deepak Kishore
MBBS,MS,MCh
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 16 minutes later
Sir, problem is from 5years and actual pain is right side lower abdomen and constipation. I am diabetic. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
High Fibre diet will be helpful

Detailed Answer:
Namasthe
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Chronic constipation could be root cause of right sided abdominal pain.

Chronic constipation in an adult is likely to be due to following
1. Low fibre diet
2. Decreased intake of water
3. Presence of lesion of anus and rectum

Before embarking on blind empirical treatment its advisable to undergo thorough evaluation by General Surgeon/Gastroenterlogist

I would suggest you the following

1. Plenty of oral fluids: 2-3 liter of water a day
2. High fibre diet: 2 servings of vegetable salad and fruits everyday
3. Oral Laxatives : Trial of Lactulose will be worth

You may also require assessment by following

1. Ultrasound
2. Colonoscopy

In case you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.

Wishing you happy and healthy life

Take Care

Best Regards
Dr Deepak K K
MBBS,MS,MCH
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T