Suggest treatment for pain in knee and difficulty in bending it
Follow the Advises..
Welcome to HCM.
Well it's unfortunate that you've had that fall.. Now You need to stop running for now and give it a rest.
Keep the feet straight and sit down with the feet elevated at least 30 Degree above .
Put Some ice pack compression / a bag of frozen peas over the area. Also take some over the counter analgesic like PARACETAMOL 500 mg Three times a day for the next 2-3 days. This will help you with the pain and swelling.
Now the aim is to keep the area rested and not to put weight over it. It should get better within a few days.
But if you find there's increase in the size and discoloration(if any) of the swelling and reduction in knee joint movements despite doing all these then you need to go for X-Ray (AP & Lateral ) of the affected Knee joint to rule out any bony injury and fracture.
Let me know if I can help you with any further doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for frozen shoulder and knee pain
- Suggest treatment for knee pain relief
- Suggest medication and treatment for painful knee
- Suggest treatment for pain after knee surgery
- Suggest treatment for pain and swelling in knees
- Have pain on knee while bending treatment
- What is the treatment for knee pain while bending
- Suggest treatment for pain under the leg and knees
- Suggest treatment for knee pain
- Suggest treatment for pain due to knee injury