Suggest treatment for pain in heels
Visit an orthopedic surgeon
you're probably describing an inflammation to the plantar fascia which is a common condition. Many people will suffer from this condition (almost 10%) at some time in their life. It happens more frequently in individuals with high or low medial arches who walk a lot particularly barefoot or without proper shoes.
You should visit an orthopedic surgeon. He will be able to guide your treatment which will probably be lengthy. Until you visit the specialist I would suggest avoiding walking barefoot, avoid walking too much or standing and use quality shoes with good arch support. Adding soft heel pads is both relieving and therapeutic.
I hope you get better soon!
If you have any more questions on the subject, I'll be glad to answer.
fluid accumulation happens most commonly in heart failure (you mentioned a good test which probably excludes it), in venous insufficiency, kidney problems resulting in low albumin in the blood and local problems of the foot like sprains etc.
Your GP should be the first to do a clinical evaluation for the fluid.
If it is one-sided only and you can't recall any sprain or other reason for the swelling then I suggest you visit your GP as soon as possible.
If it is bilateral, it disappears when you lie down and appears again after you get up then it could be the heart or the veins.
So it's the orthopedic surgeon for the heel pain (who can also give you an opinion about the swelling) and your GP if the swelling has not been resolved by then.
Thank you for asking,
I hope you got the answer you were looking for!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for stomach pains
- Cause and treatment for heel pain
- Suggest treatment for coccyx pain
- Suggest treatment for back pain
- Foot heel pain treatment
- Suggest treatment for joint pain
- Treatment for painful callus in heel
- Suggest treatment for heel pain
- Suggest treatment for pain and anxiety
- Treatment and cure for heel pain
- Suggest treatment for splenic cyst
- What causes dry throat?
- What causes itching in breast?
- What causes chest pain and heart burn?
- Suggest treatment for pain in heels
- Can i take Paxil along with Clonidine?
- Suggest ways to manage diabetes
- Does taking Plaquinel for lupus affect the memory?
- What does an enlarged lymph node on neck indicate?
- Is infection possible by touching a dead bird despite using a disinfectant?