Suggest treatment for pain in head

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I am having pain in different parts of my head. they are very painful but only last a minute or two then they move to another part of head. My Dr. say they are sinus headache's. Do you agree?
Answered by Dr. Urszula Stanko 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
You may suffer from sinus pain.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to Healthcare Magic.

Yes, your description may indicate sinus infection. You can feel pain which is getting worse when you move your head. Also you may have signs of infection like green or yellow mucus discharge from your nose or fever.

But if you have pain without any other symptoms of infection you may rather have tension headache.

If you cannot handle with this pain you can try paracetamol or ibuprofen and nasal sprays that will help to unblock your nose. If this will not help your doctor should prescribe you an antibiotic. If your symptoms will still occur your doctor should recommend you CT scan of the head to find the reason of your pain.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Urszula Stanko